Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 4:25 (ESV)
Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.
Intro: If asked, could you define sanctification?
A LIFE OF REPENTING
What is the consistent pattern throughout the ages of people who walk with God?
TRUST GOD TO WORK
How does faith work – what does it do (and not do)?
What difference does it make?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His life-changing grace and love. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is committed to completing in us the good work He has begun in us, until the Day Jesus returns.
2. How have you lived without repenting, or as if you don’t really need God’s work to change you? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and soften your heart to His necessary work in your life.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His wonderful work to cleanse us from everything dead and to fill us with all of His goodness. Thank Him for being willing to bear your burdens and so freely share His riches with you.
4. Who do you know that needs life transformation? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see their need to repent and trust Jesus for His renewing grace.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and goodness. Pray that He would work to help you put down fruitless ways of thinking and living and fill you with His love and power for obedience.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.