Faith to Stand
Passage: Ephesians 6:10-20
Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 6:10-11 (ESV)
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
THE ARMOR OF GOD
STRONG IN THE LORD
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Praise the LORD for His continual active presence and intimacy to always be your God and be with you. Worship His transcendence over all things, and yet so close to you every day in all that you do.
2. Confess how you live in rebellion against His design for you. Where do you live in folly, thinking you are equipped to go into the world without His love, truth, grace, and presence?
3. Give thanks to Jesus for modeling what the joy-filled life of wearing the whole armor of God looks like. Think, ponder, and pray to Jesus about how you are amazed that He became weak so that you could become strong in the Lord.
4. Who do you know that is living a life apart from enjoying the whole armor of God? Pray for them specifically. What Christian sister or brother do you know that is actively neglecting being equipped by God for their daily work in this world? Pray for them.
5. Ask and beg the Holy Spirit to make you a humble and joyful worker for His Kingdom. Ask Him to give you eyes to see what is happening in the Kingdom God is building and how you get to be a part of that. Pray for zeal and passion for enjoying God daily and going after people in His strength.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.