Parents & Children in the Lord
Passage: Ephesians 6:1-4
Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 5:1-2, 21 (ESV)
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. ... Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: It’s obvious that marriage chaos is everywhere now …
A MISSION & A MYSTERY
How does biblical marriage fit into our God-given design?
AND WE RESIST IT
Why is the call to submission so repugnant to our time?
THE WONDER OF JESUS
Why is submission so essential to this mission, starting with Jesus?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Praise the LORD for His heavenly love that He has revealed Himself as a Husband to all who repent and believe. Worship Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He loves us passionately and faithfully!
2. How have you given yourself to false hopes and how has it bred pride or fear in your life? Ask Jesus to forgive you, and to husband you with His love and power.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He understands the stakes of our sin (life and death, for eternity) and commits! Thank Him that He leaves and cleaves, putting everything else aside in order to come to our rescue and take us to Himself as His own!
4. Who do you know that is married? Pray for them, and all the marriages you’re closest to. And who do you know that is unmarried? Pray for them, asking the Lord to be their security, and to grow their joy in His Presence and love.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love, joy and patience. Pray for His fullness in your life to empower you to love well, whether you are married now or not, because of His eternal promise to take you as His.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.