Saved by Christ the Son
Passage: Ephesians 1:7-12
Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 1:7, 10 (ESV)
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, ... as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
Intro: What is your net worth?
WHAT HAS BEEN MADE KNOWN?
What kind of portrait of God do we gain from this passage?
WHAT WE SUSPECT
How do we respond in our pride and unbelief?
BUT GOD’S LOVING SURPRISE
Where have you received a gift only to see it appreciate even more once you learned of the steps taken by the giver, and their delight in giving it?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, the God of all power, wisdom and love. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how He graciously works to redeem people like us and claim us as His very own.
2. How have you fully lived as if God is stingy or can’t be trusted? Confess your pride and folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and save you from your foolish ways.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that we have “redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses.” Thank Him for the lengths He was willing to go to to save us from sin, death and hell.
4. Who do you know that lives without any settled sense of security or worth? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to this world’s emptiness and to the fullness of His Grace and love.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and joy. Pray for the Spirit’s work to anchor you so solidly in your status in Christ that your fears dissipate and your joy grows more and more.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.