The Grace of Radical Generosity
July 18, 2021 Speaker: Drew Bennett Series: Staying On Message
Passage: 2 Corinthians 8:1-4, 2 Corinthians 8:7-9, 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
Memory Verse for the Week: 2 Corinthians 9:7-8, 11-12 (ESV)
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. … You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: The secret sauce of early Christianity was its eccentricity.
GRACE ABOUNDING TO US
From God’s fullness we receive grace upon grace.
GRACE ABOUNDING IN US
From our fullness, grace overflows to others
GRACE ABOUNDING FROM US
Generosity is the hallmark of Christians.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His love. Praise Him for the grace upon grace that you experience daily. Take a moment to rehearse as many instances as you can of goodness and mercy from this past week.
2. How have you lived in pride or fear? Confess how your unbelief has kept you from the kind of sacrificial generosity God invites us all into, asking Him to forgive you and to change you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus, who for your sake became poor to make you rich. Thank Him for being trustworthy and gracious to leave all He had in heaven to come to suffer to bring rebels like us into His home and family!
4. Who do you know that is in need of physical assistance – food, clothing, housing, etc? Ask the Lord what He would have you do to help meet their practical needs.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of sacrificial generosity. Pray for strength and motivation to encourage your fellow believers in love and good deeds as He has come alongside you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Staying On Message
August 8, 2021The Sanctity of Life
July 29, 2021Sexual Integrity
July 25, 2021Love Your Enemies