Passage: 1 Corinthians 6:9-20
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV)
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Intro: Why does it matter that disagreement does not equal hate?
GOD’S GOOD DESIGN, BROKEN
What is at stake if God is real, if He has a specific design, and if He has revealed this design?
WE BELIEVE THERE IS HOPE IN JESUS
What has Jesus done to justify, satisfy, and liberate us?
HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?
What does it look like, in our time and culture, to live like no one else does?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His goodness and kindness to design us, in His likeness, for love. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His profound love to save sinners like us who have smashed His good design.
2. How have you lived lustfully, craving what God has made more than you have hungered for Him? Confess your folly, your pride, and your willfulness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to truly change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His beauty and His fullness. Thank Him for beautifully loving you when you were ugly, for sacrificing for you when you were selfish; and thank Him for staying with you when no one else does.
4. Who do you know whose life is so broken that it appears beyond recovery? Pray for them, asking the Lord to reveal His kindness and power to save anyone, and that He would change their life.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of holiness and faithfulness. Pray that He would help you to be true to God’s good design (especially sexually), and that He would help us to live as a community that’s incomparable with anything in this world.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.