The Sanctity of Life
Passage: Psalm 139:13-16, Ephesians 2:8-10
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 139:13-14 (ESV)
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Intro: How can stories of early Christians help us?
FEARFULLY & WONDERFULLY MADE
What is the significance of being God’s direct creation?
DEVALUED & DEVASTATED
How does the devaluing of others lead to destruction?
THE SURPRISE OF REDEMPTION
Why do we live with hope in the face of even this problem?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His heart to directly create us as His very own! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that as our Maker, He is our Owner, and that He designed us with value and dignity in His love.
2. How have you lived as if God and others do not have value and that you owe them nothing? Confess your pride and arrogance to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal you from your brokenness.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His work to save us when we treated Him as unwanted. Thank Him for disadvantaging Himself to reconcile you to His Father – for harnessing even death to accomplish our salvation.
4. Who do you know that struggles with shame or self-hatred? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see hope in Jesus, and that they would trust the miracle of Jesus’ love and power to heal.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love. Pray that He would help you to live in light of the truth that He wants you – and that you would reflect that hope and grace to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.