Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 130:1-2 (ESV)
Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
Intro: When did you last urgently ask someone for help?
WHY CRY OUT?
What can move you to cry or plead for mercy?
WHO CAN STAND BEFORE GOD?
When have you known undeniably that you had no standing?
WITH HIM THERE IS FORGIVENESS.
Why can YHWH solve this problem and meet this most critical need?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His surpassing worth and His kindness to hear your cries for mercy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His power (He is great), and His unparalleled kindness (He is good).
2. How have you been selfish, or self-protective when you have failed, hoping to hide your need from God and others? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse you and heal you by His steadfast love.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for solving a problem that we cannot solve, for meeting a need we cannot meet. Thank Him for giving His life to bear the costs of our guilt and shame, to cover us completely in His righteousness!
4. Who do you know that seems to be in “the depths” right now? Pray for them asking the Lord to help them, to cleanse their sin and give them a sure hope in His grace.
5. Ask the Lord to bear in you His fruit of love and joy. Ask Him to help you to grow to be a messenger of hope to everyone around you because of all that Jesus has done to forgive us and to make us whole.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.