Passage: Psalm 127:1-5
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 127:1 (ESV)
Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
Intro: What in your life do you believe is necessary?
UNLESS THE LORD BUILDS
What does it mean to believe that the LORD is necessary?
LABORING IN VAIN
How necessary does our culture believe God is?
HOW THE LORD BUILDS
What if there was a 2nd Adam who never failed?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for creating us in keeping with His good design. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for giving us an identity in Christ, a bond with Him and His people, and a good purpose.
2. How have you sought to live independently of the LORD? Confess your pride and craving for autonomy (being a law unto yourself), asking Jesus to forgive you and to restore you back into His good design.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work as the 2nd Adam – restoring all who trust Him back into the goodness of the purpose for which He built us. Thank Him for taking away your sin, by His death, and giving to you His Spirit.
4. Who do you know that struggles with autonomy – by pride, isolation or independence (especially from the Lord)? Pray for them, asking the Lord to save them from vanity and destruction.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to love being dependent upon the Father as Jesus was. Pray for a loyal and faithful heart – and a love for His will, His provision, His wisdom and His purposes in all you do.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.