Passage: Psalm 128:1-6
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 128:1 (ESV)
Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in his ways!
Intro: What does it say that “Have a blessed day” has gained traction?
GOD’S GIFT OF BLESSING
What does it mean that the LORD blesses His people?
FROM BLESSING TO A CURSE
What happens when we lose that blessing?
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO …
How has Jesus worked to recover that blessing, and in a way that we can no longer lose it?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD who blesses His people immeasurably! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how He works to provide us with every foundation for wholeness, joy and purpose under His good design.
2. How have you lived seeking blessing apart from Him, as if that could ever be found? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to bear the curse you deserve and to restore you to His Father.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He is the most blessed person because He is the most giving. Thank Him for leaving the place of greatest blessing to willingly go into the place of the greatest curse, to save us.
4. Who do you know that eagerly seeks to gain blessings but rarely (if ever) shares what they gain? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see His greater purpose for His blessings, that they would be transformed.
5. Read 2 Corinthians 9:8-11, and ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of generosity. Pray that He would help you believe that He is “able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.”
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.