Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 131:2-3 (ESV)
But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forevermore.
Intro: How would you rate your current level of stress (vs. calm)?
HUMBLE, HAPPY BEFORE THE LORD
Why are humility and contentment fitting for us?
WE RESIST & COMPLAIN
We occupy ourselves with things too great, with things too marvelous …
LIKE A WEANED CHILD
How has Jesus worked to redeem us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for His sovereign goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His goodness in all His works, especially His wisdom and power to work all things together for our good.
2. How have you lived doubting God’s wisdom or goodness, so that you have judged Him for not pleasing you? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and help you see His surpassing worth through all hardships.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has worked to conquer all turmoil and settle our hearts with His peace. Thank Him for bearing your wrath by His death, and filling you with hope by His resurrection and Spirit.
4. Who do you know that is not content or at peace? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them repent and trust Him, that they would learn how to still and quiet their souls in His Grace.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of peace. Pray for His work to help you see His abilities (vs. your weakness), His wisdom (vs. your tiny, limited knowledge), and His love (vs. your self-interest).
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.