The Hope of Easter
Passage: Luke 24:1-12
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 24:4b-6a (ESV)
"... two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6a He is not here, but has risen."
Intro: Where have you most wanted to have hope?
A UNIVERSAL LONGING
Why is the hunger for hope so prevalent?
How do we falsely define what is called “better”?
THE HOPE OF EASTER
What exactly is the hope that Jesus offers?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty as the Lord and Giver of life! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is victorious over all opponents, especially sin, death and hell!
2. How have you lived perplexed and afraid because of death’s power? Confess your helplessness to Jesus, asking Him to save you and forgive you – working power out of weakness, life out of death.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has proven His power and trustworthiness. Thank Him for opening up access to God by His death, and for opening up eternity by His resurrection!
4. Who do you know that is shaken by the real power of death? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them in His resurrection power – and that He would give them hope as only He can.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy, especially in light of Jesus’ resurrection! Pray for such a confidence in His power and trustworthiness that you would joyfully bear witness to others of His story.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.