Passage: Acts 2:22-28, Acts 2:31-32
Memory Verse for the Week: Acts 2:24 (ESV)
God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.
Intro: What do you personally expect about death?
JESUS’ CERTAIN DEATH
Why does the death of Jesus – which garners almost NO criticism – matter just as much as His resurrection?
HIS MIRACULOUS RESURRECTION
What changes in the narrative if God is real and HE is at work?
THE MOST HOPEFUL OUTCOMES
If we trust Jesus in this, how does this secure our hope and change our narrative?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His all-surpassing power! Praise and adore Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that He is mightier than our sin, death, and hell.
2. How have you lived fearfully because of death’s power? Confess your helplessness to Jesus, asking Him to save you and forgive you – working power out of weakness, life out of death.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has proven His power and trustworthiness. Thank Him for opening up access to God by His death, and for opening up eternity by His resurrection!
4. Who do you know that is shaken by the real power of death? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them in His resurrection power – and that He would give them hope as only He can.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy, especially in light of Jesus’ resurrection! Pray for such a confidence in His power and trustworthiness that you would joyfully bear witness to others of His story.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.