The Order of Humility
Passage: Isaiah 6:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Isaiah 6:5, 8-9 (ESV)
And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!” … And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” And he said,“Go, and say to this people.”
Intro: Why are we here? In church? Anno Domini 2023?
THE PLACE OF HUMILITY
THE POSTURE OF HUMILITY
THE PURPOSE OF HUMILITY
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Praise the LORD for His magnificence and His glory. Praise Him for His desire to share it with the world and His people through all creation, large and small.
2. Confess our unworthiness, for the sins and failures, which not only pollute His good creation but show ourselves alien to His glory, goodness and grace.
3. Give thanks that He has provided atonement, that He welcomes us into His presence, and that He would come down from His throne to meet us and to forgive our sins.
4. Pray that the Lord would impress His mission on our hearts this Sunday and the year to come. Where is the Lord asking you to go? What is He asking you to do for Him?
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you, each day, each Sunday morning, the deeper reality beyond our eyes, to know, to experience and to appreciate all the ways that His is working.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.