Show Me Your Glory
Passage: Exodus 33:1-4, Exodus 33:12-23
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 33:15-16
And he said to him, “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here. For how shall it be known that I have found favor in your sight, I and your people? Is it not in your going with us, so that we are distinct, I and your people, from every other people on the face of the earth?”
Intro: What is the significance of someone’s presence?
“WE HAVE A PROBLEM …”
What is the problem in this story?
A HUMBLE, GODLY PRAYER
What is distinctive about how Moses responds?
A MERCIFUL, MIRACULOUS RESPONSE
What if the one thing you think you need would kill you if you got it?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His holiness and glory. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His surpassing worth – immeasurably greater than any created person, experience or thing.
2. How have you lived without seeking the LORD, being satisfied with “a great life” even if Jesus is nowhere in the picture? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to be your true Treasure.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has worked to cover us from being destroyed by the LORD’s holiness! Thank Him for bearing your sins in His own death, and for covering you with His holiness and love.
4. Who do you know that is stiff-necked and proud (and it may be you)? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy upon them and to soften their heart to see their need for Christ and to see His glory and grace.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work in you a trust in and hunger for God’s glory – especially His glory in the Gospel. Read 2 Corinthians 4:5-7, 16-18 and pray that “the eternal weight” of God’s glory would anchor you!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.