God’s Covenant: Steadfast Love
Passage: Exodus 34:1-10
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 34:6
"The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness."
Intro: When have you sought to assure someone of your good will?
WHAT EXACTLY IS A COVENANT?
What does it mean that the LORD covenants with His people?
BROKEN & SHATTERED
Why is forgiveness even necessary?
THE MERCY PARADOX
If the LORD is just, how can there be hope? He will by no means clear the guilty …
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His holiness to commit so radically to do us good. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His graciousness to pledge Himself to our good – to Covenant with us – even to His own hurt.
2. How have you lived as if God cannot be trusted or as if He does not deserve your loyalty? Confess your pride and rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to work within you His own loyalty to His Father.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His love, wisdom and power to do marvels to save us. Thank Him for the awesome things He has done: becoming human, dying to atone for your sin and being raised from death to save you.
4. Who do you know that lives as if they owe no one anything, but they are owed much by everyone else? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to how distorted their selfishness is, and change them by His grace.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love, especially for the LORD. Pray that He would so persuade you of God’s mercy to covenant with you that your loyalty to Him would grow deeper and deeper.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.