The Glory of God’s Dwelling
Passage: Exodus 40:18-35, Exodus 40:38
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 40:35
"And Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud settled on it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle."
Intro: In a sense, this is the theme of the whole Bible …
WHAT IS THE CORE OF THE STORY?
ALL of this is about how the LORD dwells with His people.
THE DARK MIDDLE
Why does anything have to be veiled?
THE HERO’S HOPE
What happens once there is cleansing?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, who fills the heavens and the earth. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His holy Presence and His mercy to restore you Him in Christ.
2. How have you lived as if God’s presence is irrelevant? Confess your spiritual numbness to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse you of your sin (that separates you from Him) and to heal your hardness of heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to cleanse us so that His Spirit could inhabit us. Thank Him for tearing open the curtain of separation so that we could enter in to be with God and that He can enter into us.
4. Who do you know that ignores the Presence of God while they passionately seek the presence of other people in their life? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them realize their need for Jesus.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to awaken you to the miracle of His indwelling Presence. Pray for the fruit of joy in your heart, especially as you see the staggering privilege of having God’s presence sealed to you eternally in Christ.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.