Mount Sinai: A Call to Worship
Passage: Exodus 19:1-8, Exodus 19:16-21, Exodus 20:18-21
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 20:18-20
18 Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraid and trembled, and they stood far off 19 and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.” 20 Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.”
Intro: Where is God taking His people?
CALLED TO WORSHIP
GOD IS ULTIMATE
GOD IS INTIMATE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD and fix your eyes on Him, because He is both Ultimate and Intimate!
2. In what ways have you forgotten to behold the glory of God? In what ways have you turned a deaf ear to His Word?
3. Give thanks to God because He has delivered us. He has provided a way for us to enter His presence, through His Son Jesus.
4. Is your life marked by a pursuit of holiness? In what areas of your life are you turning a deaf ear to the law?
5. Ask that God would reveal more of Himself to you. Ask that He would help you obey His Word and proclaim it to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.