The 10 Plagues
Passage: Exodus 7-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 7:5
"The Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch out my hand against Egypt and bring out the people of Israel from among them."
Intro: How aware are you of your rights? And what about God’s rights?
WHOSE PEOPLE ARE THESE?
Why does it matter that the LORD lays claim to what is His – His people?
A STUBBORN ANTAGONIST
How do idols always lie – that they do not free us, but rather enslave us?
OUR MIGHTY PROTAGONIST
How does YHWH work on our behalf – fighting to free us from slavery?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His kindness to call us to repentance and faith. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is loving enough to not leave us in a state of alienation and unbelief, but call us out of it!
2. How have you lived either loving to argue (out of pride) or conflict averse (out of fear)? Confess your lack of love to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for both fighting with Him and avoiding Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for being our Protagonist. Thank Him that He loves us enough to tell us the hard truth of our condition in sin and that He’s gracious to save us when we could never save ourselves.
4. Who do you know that lives like Pharaoh – proud in their unbelief? Pray for them, asking the Lord to soften their hearts. And pray for yourself that He would give you loving courage to speak up to them about Jesus.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy – especially at the freedom Jesus gives by outstripping idols. Pray that the Lord would fill you with joy at how you’ve been loved when you were God’s enemy and that the LORD is yours and you are His.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you repent of residual self-trust. Pray that He would help you grow more secure in His sufficiency as the Great I AM who saves, Who is with you and uses you to reach others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.