The Wisdom To Be Just
Passage: Proverbs 2:6, Proverbs 3:21-32, Proverbs 19:17, Proverbs 29:7
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 3:21-24 (ESV)
"My son, do not lose sight of these— keep sound wisdom and discretion, and they will be life for your soul and adornment for your neck. Then you will walk on your way securely, and your foot will not stumble. If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."
Intro: How innate is your desire to be treated equitably?
GOD’S GOODNESS & JUSTICE
Why can God alone guarantee ultimate justice?
RUINED & UNJUST
How is it humbling when we realize we are guilty before God in His holiness?
JUSTICE SATISFIED IN CHRIST
What has Jesus done to establish all that is righteous while turning evil to His own good and just purposes?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His perfect goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He alone can guarantee justice because He is all-knowing (He cannot be fooled) and all-powerful (He cannot be evaded).
2. How have you been a participant in what is unjust, even if only by neglecting others in need? Confess your pride and hardness of heart to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has worked on our behalf to ultimately establish goodness and guarantee justice. Thank Him for fulfilling the Father’s good design and for conquering all the powers of selfishness.
4. Who do you know that is oppressed? Pray for them, asking the Lord to work on their behalf, both to sustain them in their suffering and to work to relieve them by working on their behalf to establish His goodness.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear the fruit of goodness in you. Ask Him to help you to grow in your own integrity and in your resolve to work to build what is good and to fight against evil where it is within your power.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.