The Power of Scripture
Passage: 2 Timothy 3:14-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13
Memory Verse for the Week: 2 Timothy 3:14-15 (ESV)
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
Intro: The prevailing assumption is: “What Scripture says = What God says”
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF GOD SPEAKING
Who offers the most profitable, helpful, and significant influence?
HOW WE HAVE WEAPONIZED WORDS
How can words be powerful for destruction?
THE WORD MADE FLESH, TO SAVE
Why is it significant that Jesus is the Word made flesh?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty that He is a God who speaks. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for how He has revealed Himself to us when we did not deserve to know any more about Him.
2. How have you lived unimpressed and suspicious of what little you know about God? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus – God who became human to save sinners like us – asking Him to save you and change you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His trustworthiness as God in human form. Thank Him for being faithful and obedient to the Father’s voice (where we have failed) and dying to atone for our guilt (where we never could).
4. Who do you know that lives with suspicion or doubt in God’s Word? Pray for them, asking the Lord to persuade them of the truth of all He has said, and of the goodness of His heart, revealed in Christ.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and faithfulness. Pray for His help to trust all that God has promised you in His Word and for energy to learn and follow all He has commanded.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.