The Reconciliation of All Things
Passage: Revelation 20:11– 21:5
Memory Verse for the Week: Revelation 20:12 & 15 (ESV)
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. … And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Intro: How do you believe everything will end (if at all)?
THE END OF EVIL
Why does it matter that there will be a final judgment?
GOD’S WISDOM & MERCY
How can God “be rid of evil without also being rid of us”?
WHAT DOES HE SAY IS AHEAD OF US?
Again, how do we see God working to remove evil and establish all goodness?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD that He is loving and eager to be with His people. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His Presence and His grace to prepare a place for all who trust in Him that where He is we could be also.
2. How have you lived as if your sins are not that harmful, as if you haven’t caused any tears, pain or (spiritual) death? Confess your pride (or numbness) to Jesus asking Him to forgive you and to restore you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for atoning for your sin by His death in your place. Thank Him for making it possible for the curtain of separation to be torn away so that you could be reconciled to God and welcomed into His presence.
4. Who do you know that you would love to see reconciled to God? Ask the Lord to help them to see their need for Jesus, and to help you share your faith in a clear and helpful way.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love, joy and patience as you wait for Jesus to return. Pray that the Spirit would help you to live securely – by His Presence in you – until you get to see Jesus face-to-face.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.