The Source of Scripture
Passage: 2 Peter 1:16-21
Memory Verse for the Week: 2 Peter 1:19-20 (ESV)
"And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation."
THE VALIDITY OF SCRIPTURE
JESUS: THE GOD-MAN
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His trusted and timeless Word. Acknowledge His kindness that He would speak to us through His Word so that we may know Him.
2. Confess how you have ignored His Word. Confess how it has been dull and boring and how you have lived off the words of man. Confess how badly it has led you to darkness and confess how you enjoy that conviction because it has brought you back to the light.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He lived in public and before witnesses, so that they could write and testify to what they have seen. Praise Jesus for His words and works to bring salvation to people for thousands of years because of what has been written down.
4. Who do you know that ignores the words of eternal life found in Scripture? Whose heart is cold toward it? Pray and beg the Lord to give them eyes to see and ears to hear, so that they can see the beauty and wonder in the living Word of God.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to make you a person who devours the trusted and true Word of God. Plead with the Holy Spirit that the words found in Scripture would awaken your imagination and wonder to worship God in all of your life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.