The Authority of Jesus
Passage: John 8:12, John 8:31-38, John 8:42-59
Memory Verse for the Week: John 8:46-47 (ESV)
Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.
Intro: How do you decide what is true? And what is Truth?
How is there a personal motive in our unbelief?
THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
What is at the foundation of our confidence as Christians?
IF ANYONE KEEPS MY WORD
How does Jesus promise us gracious hope?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for His supreme wisdom and authority. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that by His Grace He has put into place a plan that is profound and ingenious.
2. How have you willfully ignored what God has revealed about Himself and your own heart? Confess your darkness to Jesus and trust Him to be light to you, to redeem you and to give you meaning and direction.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His trustworthiness in all of His authority and promises to save whoever trusts in Him. Thank Him that what He has done utterly matches all that He has said, even His death and resurrection.
4. Who do you know that does not know God or honor His authority? Pray for them, asking the Lord to reveal Himself to them, and to use you to convey His love and grace to them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the fruit of faith, to receive Jesus, believe Him and be born of His obedient heart. Ask for insight into Jesus’ character and work so that you can be confident in His promises and commands.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.