Moses - Part 2
Passage: Hebrews 11:27-28, Exodus 12:1-3, Exodus 12:5, Exodus 12:12-13, Exodus 12:21-23, Exodus 12:28-31
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 11:27-28 (ESV)
By faith he left Egypt, not being afraid of the anger of the king, for he endured as seeing him who is invisible. By faith he kept the Passover and sprinkled the blood, so that the Destroyer of the firstborn might not touch them.
Intro: All we do is shaped by some future hope. What is yours?
Why do we believe the threat of judgment is just and universal?
How is God’s gift of atonement humbling even as it is comforting?
How does God’s power and grace lead us to live in faith?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His grace and mercy in the midst of His justice. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is willing to provide a way of redemption.
2. How have you lived as if God will do nothing more in the future? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart to cherish Him as you should.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to strike the gods (and darkness) of this world to redeem His people. Thank Him for delivering you from the dominion of evil and translating you into His kingdom of love and forgiveness.
4. Who do you know that lives with no real defense against evil? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them and to set them free in Christ.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and joy, especially because of the hope given to us in Jesus. Pray for a greater confidence in all that Jesus has promised because of all that He has already done.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.