Passage: Hebrews 11:32-34, 1 Samuel 17:2-4, 1 Samuel 17:10-11, 1 Samuel 17:23-26, 1 Samuel 17:32-37, 1 Samuel 17:40-51
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Samuel 17:36-37 (ESV)
Your servant has struck down both lions and bears, and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be like one of them, for he has defied the armies of the living God.” And David said, “The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and the LORD be with you!”
Intro: A caution about the story of David and Goliath …
UNBELIEF & FEAR
What does it look like to have a fear-dominated imagination?
FAITH IN GOD’S WORD & POWER
What does it mean to have faith?
What is significant about David’s victory?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His sovereign power over all of His enemies. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His victory over evil, especially in Jesus’ death and resurrection.
2. How have you lived with more confidence in the things of this world than you have in Jesus and His Word? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to heal your heart to be truly loyal to Him, your King.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His victory over selfishness and sin by His faithful obedience. Thank Him for defeating death, hell, and Satan by His resurrection, freely sharing His victory to anyone who trusts in Him.
4. Who do you know that has led you by walking in faith rather than walking in the ways of this world? Pray for them, giving thanks for their influence, and asking the Lord to help them only to trust the LORD more.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow you in your trust of God’s Word. Pray for the Spirit to work His fruit of faithfulness into your heart, and that you would live out Jesus’ victory over the worst things that threaten us!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.