Gather & Build
Passage: Hebrews 10:24-25, Hebrews 13:7-9
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 10:24-25 (ESV)
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
THE CHURCH'S WORK TO GATHER
THE CHURCH'S WORK TO BUILD
THE OVERWHELMED CHURCH'S HOPE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the Lord for his design to bring us in so we belong to Him, that we belong to the Church, that we are being built up, and we go out in the world to do His mission. Thank Him for people in the church who have been used to love and grow you throughout your life.
2. Where have you gone to gather or to be built up that led you away from the Lord? In what ways have you neglected the blessing of the Church in your life?
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He has sought you in your rebellion, paid for your sins when you were an enemy, gathered you into the Family of God, and loved you as His eternal sibling. Thank Him in the many ways He has built you up to where you are today.
4. Who do you know that neglects to gather with the body of believers and avoids Christian discipleship? Pray to the Lord, who made you new, that He would do the same work in them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit for continual help and strength in the massive and overwhelming mission work you are called to do for His Church. Thank Him for making you have to be dependent on Him for any good work to be done.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.