January 3, 2021 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: Family Values of God's People
Passage: Hebrews 12:18-28
Memory Verse for the Week: Hebrews 12:28-29 (ESV)
Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: Why is worship a value for God’s family?
CONSUMING FIRE, IMMEASURABLE TREASURE
Why does God’s true nature matter (fearsome and worthy)?
ATONEMENT IN CHRIST
How can God not be threatening?
AN UNSHAKEABLE LIFE
So what if you could live with a solid hope?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness for His absolute authority – who can withstand His power in His righteous judgment? Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that no one is higher than He is.
2. How have you doubted that God is a consuming fire, more committed to the things of this world than to Him? Confess your spiritual adultery to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and work into you His holy character.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His work to save His people. Thank Him for all He has done to atone for your guilt and to clothe you in His very righteousness. Because of this, you can come before the Father without dread.
4. Who do you know that is more tied into this world than they are tied into Jesus? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their spiritual peril, and to give you words and grace to love them and warn them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to secure you in Christ – in what He has provided for all who trust Him – an unshakeable joy, an unshakeable identity, and an unshakeable future. Pray for a grateful spirit, reverence and endurance.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Family Values of God's People
January 24, 2021Gather & Build
January 17, 2021Living in Philadelphia
January 10, 2021Dependence, Faith & Prayer