I AM the True Vine
Passage: John 15:1-8
Memory Verse for the Week: John 15:1 & 5 (ESV)
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. … I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
Intro: When did you last tend a plant? How confident are you?
LIFE IN THE VINE
When did you last tend a plant? How confident are you?
CUT OFF & LIFELESS
What has happened because of our own choices?
OUR SAVIOR WHO ABIDES
Why is it significant that Jesus takes on God’s Covenant Name?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, our Creator as the Giver of Life. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how He has designed us for a life-giving relationship with Him, even when we have rebelled against Him.
2. How have you attempted to live independently from Jesus and His people? Confess your pride to Him and ask Him to forgive you and restore you from how you have shattered His design.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for being the Covenant-keeping God and Savior! Thank Him for being willing to be cut off in our place so that we could be given an unbreakable bond with Him, the Father and the Spirit.
4. Who do you know that lives independently? Pray for them, asking the Lord to persuade them of how much they truly need Him, and to soften their heart to receive what He has to give them.
5. Read the call to worship again (from Galatians 5). Ask the Holy Spirit to grow you in wisdom about your own heart (how you’re broken and foolish) and about His loving power (how His Spirit produces Christ-like character in you).
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.