I AM the Resurrection
Passage: John 11:17, John 11:21-27, John 11:38-44
Memory Verse for the Week: John 10:14-15 (ESV)
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
Intro: What is the impact of someone’s death for everyone who survives?
Why do we believe that words matter?
Why is death universal - and infuriating?
What did no one see coming?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, the Great I AM for how He is the source of all life and the victor over death. Praise God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for His power and ability to call life out of death and turn tragedy into joy.
2. How have you denied the stench of death and spiritual decay in your own life? Confess your unbelief, guilt and ruin to Jesus, asking Him to rescue you as He did Lazarus.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for both His Word and His work. Thank Him for His explanations and promises (giving us meaning) and His work to save us (atoning for our sin by His death; conquering sin, death, Satan and hell by His resurrection).
4. Who do you know that struggles with the impact of death and the corruption of the human heart? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see Jesus’ victory as the Resurrection and the Life.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy. Pray for His work in your life to help you learn Jesus’ Word more, and empower you to live in the joy of Jesus’ Resurrection and Life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.