I AM the Light of the World
Passage: Jonah 8:12-20
Memory Verse for the Week: John 8:12 (ESV)
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, who is the true and pure light– that He loves with a purpose toward us to bring us out of darkness to His glorious presence. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that He is steadfast in His commitment to us.
2. Where do you live in the dark? What darkness do you love? Where do you need to be exposed so that you can repent and be free? Confess the darkness that is in you, the darkness that you love, and ask for exposure and freedom in the light.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He is the Light of the World. That He came to dwell in the dark world to bring us, who were lost, to Himself, so that we may have the light of life. Who do you know that is unaware that the world is dark?
4. Who do you know that needs this light of Jesus in their life? Pray for courage and boldness to talk about the greatest news you have with them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to keep changing your desires to love that light. Ask Him to abide closely, to keep you following the Light of the World, and that your light would draw others to you so that you can talk about Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.