I AM The Bread Of Life
Passage: John 6:25-40
Memory Verse for the Week: John 6:35 (ESV)
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
Intro: How is your mood affected by being hungry? (vs starvation)
Why is it significant that the crowd hungers, but not for Jesus?
THE LORD WHO PROVIDES
What does God’s provision imply?
COME, LOOK, BELIEVE
What is so radical about how the father goes out to each son? He wants sons, not slaves.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD who provides– that He loves us steadfastly and always, generously looks after our truest needs. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is steadfast in His commitment to us.
2. How do you accuse God of not having done enough, or how are you demanding of Him? Confess your pride and arrogance to Jesus, trusting Him that in dying your death, your sin was punished and your pride humbled.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that He is the Bread of Life, that He came to be your Life Donor. Thank Him that He was willing to be broken and killed in order that you could be fed and have life.
4. Who do you know that is blind to God’s kindness and power? Ask the Lord to show Himself to them, especially that He would use you to help them see His Grace.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a greater sense of security in Christ – that you can’t be lost and you won’t be rejected. Ask Him to grow you as well in humility since your standing in Christ is an absolute gift.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.