The Identity Over All I.D.’s
Passage: Galatians 3:26-29
Memory Verse for the Week: Galatians 3:28 (ESV)
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Intro: When asked for your I.D. what would you count on?
HOW DO YOU THINK OF YOUR I.D.?
Clothes are not us, but they do more than merely cover us …
A MIRACLE: SONSHIP IN CHRIST
What is the significance of sonship (especially in 1st century Rome)?
A NEW I.D. = A NEW EVERYTHING
What if you take Jesus up on His offer?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His Fatherly grace and mercy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for working to adopt us in Christ, especially in light of how we have treated Him in our sin.
2. How have you lived as if the things you own, or the things you’ve achieved identify or define you more than Jesus? Confess to Him the offense of your idolatry, asking Him to forgive you and cleanse you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His amazing kindness to trade places with sinners like us, to save us. Thank Him for taking the place we deserve for our sin and rebellion and freely giving us His status as sons of the Father.
4. Who do you know that struggles with their sense of identity? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see the miracle of what Jesus offers anyone who would turn away from self-definition to trust Him.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of sonship – adoption – in Christ. Pray for His work of deepening within you the privileges of being the Father’s son – intimate access, love, assurance, purpose and resources.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.