The Bookends of the Great Commission
Passage: Matthew 28:18-20
Memory Verse for the Week: Ephesians 1:5-6 (ESV)
In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the Father, who sent His only son. Worship Jesus, the Son, who has all authority on Heaven and Earth. Worship the Holy Spirit, who indwells us and goes with us till the end of the age.
2. How have you rejected Jesus’ authority over your life? How have you trusted in your power to bring His kingdom? Confess your failure to follow His authority and trust in His presence.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His death and resurrection on your behalf. Thank Him for His powerful authority and His comforting presence in your life.
4. Who do you know that struggles to accomplish God’s Kingdom work because it feels overwhelming to them? Pray for them, asking Jesus to assure them of His power and presence.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you hope. Not hope in your own power or skills or ability, but rather in the authority and presence of Jesus. Ask the Spirit to empower you for great commission work.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.