Adopted Out of Oppression
Passage: Galatians 3:23-29–4:1-7
Memory Verse for the Week: Galatians 4:7 (ESV)
So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
Intro: When have you been held down or held captive?
HOW ARE WE HELD UNDER?
Apart from Jesus, how are we not “free” but rather slaves?
REDEMPTION = LIBERATION
What does it mean to be redeemed?
How is the life of an heir different?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His heart to redeem sinners like us. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His mercy to rescue us from oppression when He could’ve justly left us in our sin and slavery.
2. How have you lived aware of being held down by the powers of this world, or your own sin and guilt? Confess your helplessness to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse you and free you by His grace and power.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His willingness to be born under the burden of our sin and guilt in order to redeem us. Thank Him for becoming a curse for us so that we could be blessed by His grace.
4. Who do you know that is held down by their attachments to this world? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make known to them His love and power so that they could be freed in Christ.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of being justified by faith, redeemed, and adopted as heirs. Pray for His work that you could be loyal from the heart and empowered by your privileges in Christ.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Adoption
June 16, 2019The Certainty of Our Adoption