Resurrection - A New Power
Passage: Acts 2:1-12
Memory Verse for the Week: Acts 2:11-13 (ESV)
"both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our
own tongues the mighty works of God.” And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?”
Intro: Even if you haven’t seen The Avengers, it is an epic story …
POWER TOWARD A PURPOSE
Toward what end did God design us? And how did He provide for us to accomplish His good design?
“LET US MAKE A NAME FOR OURSELVES”
How have we worked at odds with God’s purposes?
What has Jesus done to graciously restore us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His saving power to sinners like us. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His epic efforts to rescue us in His mercy instead of destroying us as He could justly could.
2. How have you lived seeking power, but for your own selfish ends? Confess your selfish pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and transform your heart away from selfishness to His loving mission.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His saving love. Thank Him that rather than wield His power selfishly to tyrannize His creatures, He has used His power to rescue and liberate us from all the power of sin and evil.
4. Who do you know that lives under a besetting sense of helplessness? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them know His power to save and His power to incorporate us into His mission.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of His love, both for Him and for those who do not yet know Jesus. Pray for a sense of His filling power, especially for His mission of helping to convey His love to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.