Resurrection - A New Mission
Passage: Acts 1:1-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Acts 1:7-8 (ESV)
He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Intro: What do you think is Jesus’ mission? (e.g. Queen Mary)
SCOPE AND TIMEFRAME
What does it mean to be part of an eternal, global mission?
OFF TARGET, OFF MISSION
What does it look like to live in unbelief?
THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENT
What gives us hope as participants in this mission?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His love and delight to redeem lost and sinful people like us! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His grace and His eternal purposes to save!
2. How have you lived as if God’s mission is at odds or irrelevant to your life mission? Confess your pride and self-will to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to reconcile your heart to His heart for the lost.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His eternal mission and the beauty of His willingness to come down in order to raise us up. Thank Him for His work, His Person, and His provision to save people like us.
4. Who do you know that lives with a clear sense of mission in following Jesus? Pray for them, asking the Lord to strengthen them for sustained faithfulness and to help you learn from them as best as you can.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness. Pray for a heart for the lost, draw near to the Spirit for His equipping power for your part in His mission, and ask for a readiness to be Jesus’ witness.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.