Resurrection - A New Hope
Passage: Acts 2:14-41
Memory Verse for the Week: Acts 2:37-38 (ESV)
Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest
of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Intro: What if miraculous change is really possible?
GOD’S WISDOM, POWER & GOODNESS
Why is God able to work through the most dreadful terror or loss?
BUT … IS THERE HOPE FOR FAILURES?
Once we have crossed certain lines (especially in failure), is there any coming back?
THE HOPE JESUS GIVES
How does Jesus make it possible that even those who killed Him could be forgiven and transformed by His resurrection power and grace?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His Almighty transforming power. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His sovereign power to create all existence and to transform us by redemption.
2. How have you lived cynically, doubting that someone (even you) could come back from profound failure? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His wisdom, power and love. Thank Him for wisely working even through death, for powerfully conquering death by His resurrection and for His love to go through it all to save sinners like us.
4. Who do you know that is cynical or hopeless? Pray for them, asking the Lord to give them hope, especially in light of His mercy to do so much to save His own enemies.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy and goodness. Pray that the Spirit would help you be joyful and hopeful in light of Jesus’ wisdom, power and love, and that you could convey this to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.