The Person of Christmas: The One We Need
Passage: John 1:1-5, John 1:9-14
Memory Verse for the Week: John 1:14
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."
Intro: By your thinking, how real is the battle between good and evil?
THE LIFE & LIGHT OF MEN
What does the Bible mean by Light vs. darkness?
DARKNESS HAS NOT WON
Why does God’s Word say that we live in darkness?
WE HAVE SEEN HIS GLORY
In salvation, how does Jesus provide what no one else can?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD that He has not hidden Himself but has revealed Himself instead. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He has provided for us love, riches, power and purpose that no one else can.
2. How have you lived in darkness, resisting or ignoring your Maker? Confess your rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to cleanse you and by His power to conquer the powers of darkness in you and around you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for dwelling here with us so that we could finally see what flesh and blood had never seen before – God, with us. Thank Him for loving and saving people like us.
4. Who do you know that lives in darkness, whether spiritual, relational or intellectual? Ask the Lord to make Himself known to them as He has to you, even through your relationship with them on His behalf.
5. Where do you need to experience Jesus’ love, to know Him? Where do you need His glory, His surpassing worth and power? How do you need to connect with His prevailing purpose? Ask the Holy Spirit to help you know that the Light of Christ cannot be overcome.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.