Righteousness By Faith, Not Works - No Audio Available
Passage: Romans 9:1-8, 30-33–10:1-4
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 10:2-3 (ESV)
"For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
Intro: One wonder of Jesus and His work is in how He frees captives…
THE OFFER OF GRACE
Why does God’s offer in the Gospel call for a response?
How are we capable of twisting God’s promises to where our standing with Him is earned?
Why is Jesus called “a stone of stumbling” or “a rock of offense?”
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His offer of Grace – and marriage – in the Gospel. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His trustworthiness as our Maker and Redeemer.
2. How have you lived, in effect, working to earn God’s love? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for your folly and to awaken you to see your need for His work as our Savior.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He works through weakness, brokenness and being discredited – proving His glory and humbling our prideful independence. Thank Him for lovingly getting work done that none of us can do!
4. Who do you know that is proud and committed to establishing their own righteous record? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their true helplessness and need for Jesus and His holiness by faith.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to live in joyful amazement at His saving grace. Pray for the fruit of joy and love, so that your wonder at being saved by Jesus’ work results in humble joy and love for others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.