Names Matter Because People Matter
Passage: Romans 16:1-20
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 15:13
"In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God. For I will not
venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience—by word and deed."
Intro: Who gets to call the President or CEO by name?
WHY SO MANY NAMES?
Names matter because people matter.
SELFISH & DIVISIVE
How do we twist God’s design so that rather than loving people and using things, we love things and use people?
THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES CALLS US BY NAME
Why are names significant in God’s Word?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD for the wide spectrum He has built into His world and His creatures. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how He has uniquely created you and equipped you for His kingdom.
2. How have you looked down on those different from you, or envied others feeling inferior? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and secure you in His perfect work in creating and saving you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has been willing to own us, especially in our failures and sin. Thank Him for revealing His Name to you and His work to own you to save you.
4. Who do you know that is struggling with their sense of identity or purpose? Ask the Lord to encourage them in His love and that the Holy Spirit would give them wisdom and insight.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow within you a sense of your place in God’s kingdom – in learning where your gifts and the world’s needs intersect best. Ask Him to help you grow wiser in your dealings with people.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.