The Obedience of Faith
Passage: Romans 1:1-6, Romans 16:25-27
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 1:5 & 16:26
"through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, … but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith."
Intro: What is unique about the Apostle Paul’s personal story?
DOING FLOWS FROM BELIEVING
As His grace is revealed, how does Jesus bring about radical transformation?
WE HAVE RECEIVED GRACE
What does God’s gift imply, 1:5? That profound change is needed.
WHAT MAKES HEART OBEDIENCE POSSIBLE?
How is there power in the gospel?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD who is worthy of our highest efforts and our deepest joy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is gracious to not only work for our forgiveness but also for our transformation in Christ.
2. How have you lived doubting that you need to be changed, or that God would ever work to redeem you? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and transform your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His amazing work of Atonement and New Creation. Thank Him for dying in your place to remove your guilt, and for fully obeying God’s good design to succeed where we and Adam failed.
4. Who do you know that struggles with willfulness? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see their inadequacy to ever accomplish all that God has called us to in obedience, and to trust Jesus’ Grace instead.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love, joy and faithfulness. Pray for the Spirit’s power in your heart to help you experience real joy in obeying all that Jesus has called you to.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.