All Accounts Settled
December 4, 2016 Series: Advent 2016: Revelation
Passage: Revelation 20:1-6, 11-15
Looking ahead to Sunday's sermon please read the Scripture Passage and consider these points.
Intro: Imagine walking through an art gallery…
GOD IS SOVEREIGN
Why does it matter that God is all-knowing and all-powerful?
SATAN IS REAL
While evil may seem to never end, what if evil were never opposed nor stopped?
JESUS IS VICTORIOUS
Why does it matter that God is just AND merciful in Christ?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD, God Almighty for His sovereignty. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is infinite and ultimate – that He is all-knowing and all-powerful and that no one can conquer Him.
- How have you lived selfishly, trying to preserve your own independence and evade accountability? Confess your prideful rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart to truly be loyal.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His victory over all evil – both in defeating Satan and in conquering the evil in all who turn to Him in faith. Thank Him for being able to remove your sin and put within you His own loving Spirit.
- Who do you know that doubts God’s judgment of all people? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their peril and that He would give you words in how to help them.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you hope in the face of final judgment, because of Jesus’ work to atone for us. Pray for assurance in how He covers the guilty by His death in contrast to trying to cover yourself by your own efforts.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.