The Healing of All Wrongs
December 18, 2016 Series: Advent 2016: Revelation
Passage: Revelation 22:1-7, 14-17
Looking ahead to Sunday's sermon please read the Scripture Passage and consider these points.
Intro: How is your countdown going?
RUINED & HELPLESS
How has sin left us not merely guilty but also profoundly broken?
GRACE, HEALING & BLESSING
How does God turn what is broken & cursed into what is whole and blessed?
WAITING UPON THE LORD
What does it mean to live in light of such a promise, patiently waiting?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD our Healer. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He not only creates but also forgives and restores.
- How have you lived impatiently, in despair or self-reliance in the face of suffering? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and also to restore you in your heart to trust Him.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His work to heal us and restore us. Thank Him for being broken so that you could be made whole; for being cursed in your place so that you could be blessed!
- Who do you know that needs hope in their waiting? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them in their heart, and that He would use you to encourage them because of Jesus’ trustworthiness.
- Read Titus 2:11-14. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of patience while you wait for Jesus to make every wrong right. Pray that the Spirit would help you live securely in Christ, while you wait for His return.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.