Dwelling with God
December 11, 2016 Series: Advent 2016: Revelation
Passage: Revelation 21:1-8, 16, 22-23
Looking ahead to Sunday's sermon please read the Scripture Passage and consider these points.
Intro: When have you seen a long-awaited reunion?
DESIGNED FOR GOD’S PRESENCE
We were always meant to enjoy God’s Presence…
SINFUL & SEPARATED
How does every aspect of the curse trace back to separation from God?
RESTORED & RECONCILED
How does Jesus make it possible for us to be in God’s holy presence and to be unharmed?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD that He is loving and eager to be with His people. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His Presence and His grace to prepare a place for all who trust in Him that where He is we could be also.
- How have you lived as if your sins are not that harmful, as if you haven’t caused any tears, pain or (spiritual) death? Confess your pride and numbness to Jesus asking Him to forgive you and to restore you.
- Give thanks to Jesus for atoning for your sin by His death in your place. Thank Him for making it possible for the curtain of separation to be torn away so that you could be reconciled to God and welcomed into His Presence.
- Who do you know that you would love to see reconciled to God? Ask the Lord to help them to see their need for Jesus, and to help you share your faith in a clear and helpful way.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of patience while you wait for Jesus to return. Pray that the Spirit would help you to live securely – by His Presence in you – until you get to see Jesus face-to-face.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.