The Urgency of True Repentance
Passage: 1 Samuel 15:1-3, 1 Samuel 15:7-24
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Samuel 15:22-23 (ESV)
And Samuel said, “Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has also rejected you from being king.”
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for being our God and our King who rules, sustains, protects and governs us.
2. Where can you confess the sin of Saul in your life? What are the seeds of his downfall that you see in yourself?
3. Marvel and rejoice in the work of Jesus who is our hope of revival and renewal in the Church and in our lives.
4. Pray for the world and the Church around the world, specifically that her members and her ministers would be faithful to God’s call, obedient to his word, and stand firm in the Lord.
5. Ask for the Holy Spirit’s help to root out the sins that lead to death. Ask God to help you put those things to death and to surround you with people who can walk faithfully alongside you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.