The Arrogance of the King
Passage: 1 Samuel 13:5-15
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Samuel 13:14 (ESV)
“But now your kingdom shall not continue. The LORD has sought out a man after his own heart, and the LORD has commanded him to be prince over his people, because you have not kept what the LORD commanded you.”
THE LIFE OF ARROGANCE
THE FRUIT OF ARROGANCE
THE CURE FOR ARROGANCE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for their perfect will going forth in your life. Praise them for their timing, wisdom, and providence to work all things according to their plan.
2. Where can you confess the sin of working and operating outside faith? Where does your life seem to work without depending on the Lord? Confess that arrogance to the Lord and that He will build your desire to depend on him in all ways.
3. Marvel at the life of Jesus. Consider how Jesus, the only perfect One, the smartest and most powerful, loved to depend on His Father in all ways because of his great love for His Father.
4. Who is someone blind to their arrogance in thinking that they know what is best in most circumstances? Pray that the Spirit would convict them and that they would have true friends to love them by pointing this out to them.
5. Ask for the Holy Spirit’s help to become someone humble. That you have a proper view of the greatness of your God and the smallness of who you are and enjoy living in light of that relationship.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.