God, Our King
Passage: 1 Samuel 7:15-17, 1 Samuel 8:1-22
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Samuel 8:7 (ESV)
And the LORD said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.
INTRO: What requests have you made recently? And what was their underlying motivation?
THE CONFORMITY OF MAN
A PARTICULAR JUDGEMENT
A KING LIKE NO OTHER
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the Lord. He is never swayed and is totally unchanging—and He loves us and has saved us, so we rejoice in that confident assurance!
2. Confess how easily we are swayed and want a different king. Do you believe the culture’s pronouncement over you, rather than letting God’s pronouncement over you to be totally sufficient and true? Have you cried out for a new ruler over your life?
3. Give thanks to Jesus for his abundant grace that chases after us, even when we are running away from him. Praise him as the almighty, holding the power and beauty to easily dismantle our idols.
4. Pray for those who are asking for a remedy in all the wrong places. Pray that they would know Jesus as our King, the one who truly aligns you to who you were created to be.
5. Ask the Spirit to reveal where you are just like the Israelites, so that you can worship God as the ultimate sustainer and savior of his people.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.