The Fall of Eli & Rise of Samuel
Passage: 1 Samuel 2:12-18, 1 Samuel 2:21-26, 1 Samuel 2:30-35, 1 Samuel 3:1, 1 Samuel 3:19-21, 1 Samuel 4:1a
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Samuel 2:35 (ESV)
And I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who shall do according to what is in my heart and in my mind. And I will build him a sure house, and he shall go in and out before my anointed forever.
SPIRITUAL EMPTINESS OF ISRAEL
GOD’S DETERMINED SOLUTION
THE TRUE PROPHET, PRIEST AND KING
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Praise and adore God for His faithfulness! Worship the fact that God is faithful to His Word and His people always to provide and send forth His gospel.
2. Where have you felt your heart grow numb or cold to the Lord? Worship God and confess your sins where His Word, ways, design, or call on your life has no weight on you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus, the true Prophet, Priest, and King who cares for you! Ponder all of the ways He intercedes for you in prayer, praise Him for being your great sacrifice, and reflect on how He leads and protects you with His leadership.
4. Who in your life has rebelled against Jesus with their lives and beliefs? Pray they would stop, turn, and behold Jesus as the great love they seek.
5. Ask the Spirit to bring to mind ways to follow His call and enjoy where He is leading.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.