Anointed For His Death
Passage: Mark 14:1-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 14:6, 8-9 (ESV)
But Jesus said, “Leave her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. ... She has done what she could; she has anointed my body beforehand for burial. And truly, I say to you, wherever the gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her.”
Intro: When have you fully committed to a project or cause?
AN AWKWARD DISPUTE
How does Jesus challenge our view of what’s valuable?
ONE REALM VS. ANOTHER
What is the appropriate response?
AN ACCURATE NET WORTH
What is Jesus worth? REALLY?!
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. As the word “worship” derives from the old English, “worth-ship” ascribe to the LORD the beauty and worth that is His by His very nature as our Maker. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His surpassing worth!
2. How have you lived loving this world, but you’ve made little or no effort to leave this world’s glory behind in order to gain Jesus? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, begging Him for mercy and heart change.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has left His world (heaven) in order to come to our world to save us. Thank Him that amazingly He wants us and is willing to pay whatever the cost was in order to gain us.
4. Who do you know that lives as if God has no worth? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to His beauty and to give you grace to live out His worth in front of them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a greater hunger for the Father and Son, especially when in His Word that we love much when we have been forgiven much. Pray for such a rich experience of His grace that it would transform your experience of worship is a result.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.